Thursday, April 9, 2009

Do you FROG?


Okay so I learned this new thing...well its new to me and I cant get it out of my mind for some reason. The thing I learned was FROG. Okay not the animal but what the letters stand for: "Fully Rely On God". Ohh I love it. I had never heard of that until this Christmas season. I was in my Primary class and one of my sweet 8 year old girls was talking about a Frog Tree she had seen at the Festival of the Trees. I was like oh ok. Then she told me what it stood for. Wow! I was moved. So since then I have been looking at Frogs differently. This week "FROG" keeps jumping into my head (pun intended). I want to make a sign with a FROG on it with the letters and what they mean. I want to really "FROG". I want to rely on GOD no matter what. I want to be able to put my problems in His hands and let him guide me through it. I have been thinking alot about that these past few days. Today I was searching the internet for cute frogs and guess what. There is a "FROGGIE" too! It is "Fully Rely On God's Grace In Everything". Ohh. Ohh! Double Ohh! I love it. I even found a cross-stitch that I can do with FROG on it! Sweetness. For some reason little things like having a sign or a frog that I can see helps me to remember HIM and all he has done for me. And how I should trust in HIM with every little thing. Okay I am rambling but there is a point.

I think my total FROG obsession this week has alot to do with the Easter holiday that is coming. So far with little kids Easter at our house has been about Easter Bunny, Easter candy, Easter egg hunts... you know. But this year since we are really working hard on learning more about Jesus and becoming more like him, I really want to show the kids what Easter really means. I have a few ideas that will not only help but will also be fun. But I want more ideas. Please send me your ideas on how to make Easter about Jesus and not Easter Baskets. I will post my cute ideas after Easter so I dont ruin it if the kids read this, then maybe you can use them next year!

Well hope you all "FROG" and let me know how you do! Loves to All!
Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

1 comments:

Jen Gillespie said...

Loved this idea. I cross-stitch too, so I would love to see the FROG cross-stitch you found!

For Easter, we do baskets on Saturday and make that the fun day, so Sunday can be for remembering the Savior. (well that is the plan anyway. We are in Boise right now with my parents and they don't do the same, so this year we will have a little on Sunday too. But when it is just us, that is the idea.) Can't wait to see your ideas.